Our God Is Greater ~ I Love This Song!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Week 4 of Youth Week, Week 5 of being here - 4 and a half weeks to go!

I'm just going to start this post by saying that Oklahoma is starting to grow on me. I'm starting to build friendships and relationships with people here. The people here at Falls Creek and in Oklahoma as a whole are so nice. I love working at a place where I know God is working and so present.

At night we have a service and at the end of the service there is an invitation for whoever wants to step up, come down and be saved. Last week there was a day where 91 people were saved and last Friday 119 people were saved. Two nights ago on Tuesday night 106 people were saved and last night 57 people were saved. It gives me chills to hear those numbers because I know that God is working in these students lives.

One of my most favorite moments of the summer so far was also one of the most humbling. A couple weeks ago I was working the ICEE hut here at Falls Creek. It was towards the end of my afternoon shift on Friday. Three students came up to my window and since I had no one in line behind them I started talking to them and asking them how their week has been. I also found out that they were all in high school. After talking to them for a little bit I asked them what they needed prayer for. Then I prayed for each one of them. I thought they would have left after that but instead they turned around and asked me what I needed prayer for. I told them what I needed prayer for and then I thought only one of them would pray but instead each of them prayed for me. It was one of the most humbling experiences I have ever had. After they prayed for me they invited me to have dinner with them in their cabin. They were super friendly and I could tell Christ is working in each one of their lives. It's high school students like these that one make working here at Falls Creek worth it but also make me want to serve in High School ministry. I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with them. 

blog comments powered by Disqus