Our God Is Greater ~ I Love This Song!

Monday, April 2, 2012

It's been a while...

Hi guys,


I know I haven't written in here in a while, but I need somewhere to vent right now. There isn't anything horrible going on in my life at this very moment. Although, I have been thinking about and going through a lot of things lately.


I am a senior right now at my high school and right now there are only 79 more days until I graduate! It will be here before I know it. Anyways I'm 18 right now and last Friday I had my driver's license test. I failed it. For the past few weeks I have been telling my friends and leaders at my church that I would be taking it that day. All of my friends told me that there was a lady that I didn't want to get because she fails everyone. Turns out I got her. I was sad that I failed it but because I knew she is hard, I wasn't too sad. 


Back to the point of the fact I've been thinking about a lot lately. This whole weekend I have been driving a lot to practice for when I take my license test again on April 27th. Yesterday when I was driving with my dad I was thinking about my life. I live in South Orange County, California which is probably one of the most materialistic places in California besides Beverly Hills. I realized that I am so tired of living in a place that is so concerned about what they look like, say, what makeup they wear, what hairstyle they have, and what people think about them. I'm so tired of living in a place where all of the people in this culture are so self-absorbed. Granted there are nonconformists people in this world and in my life but for the most part we're all conformists. Anyways this kinds of goes along with another thing that I was thinking about last week.


Okay, well if you talked to any about my friends about me, they would tell you that I am a very outgoing, social, friendly, open, helpful, loving, caring, and great girl to be around. I also am a Christian and have been one pretty much my whole life. People have been telling me for the last year even though I may not be talking to people about Jesus all the time they can see Jesus in me. This kind of goes along with what I was thinking about last week. People also have told me that I make more of an impact on people around me than I think. This is going to sound really cliche, but I really want to change the world. I know what you're thinking. "You're just an 18 year old girl living in South Orange County. You have no idea what you're talking about." But hear me out. I think that with my outgoing personality and friendliness I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I also know that since I believe in Jesus that nothing is impossible. For it says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." I know that changing the world is a huge task but I figure that I can if I truly set my mind to it and have smaller goals. The first thing that I probably want to change the most is my campus. I go to a high school called Dana Hills which has almost 3000 people and is less than a mile from the beach. I know so many people at my school but there are still several people that I don't know. I know that there are people at my school that need Jesus but it's so hard to go up to them and be like, "Hey do you know Jesus?" 


Anyways I'm getting away from the point of this. Last Sunday at my church we heard a story about a guy named Frank Jenner who asked hundreds of thousands of people one simple question which didn't get much response. It was, "If you died within 24 hours from now, do you know where you would go, heaven or hell?" After we heard this story my pastor gave all of us a little card where we could write down our one question to ask people. He prayed for God to reveal a question to us and my question that I came up with was "Do you know that there is a person in your life that you may or may not know, but loves you no matter what and wants to have a relationship with you?" I haven't asked anyone that question yet, but I figure it goes along with the fact that I want to change Dana Hills and the world. 


If you are still reading this and have any advice on how I can make this huge task/goal a reality let me know. Even if its something on how to change my campus I'm willing to listen. Pray for me. I know that changing the world is a huge task but like I said up above ^^^ it's not impossible. 
blog comments powered by Disqus